Did you know?...
- Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the world, with nearly 1.4 million new cases diagnosed in 2012.
- New Zealand has one of the highest bowel cancer rates in the world!
cancer is THE highest cause of cancer death in New Zealand, but
it can be treated successfully if it is detected and treated early. Again, Prevention is easier than Cure!
- Bowel cancer is more common as you get older – particularly from the age of 50. The World Health Organization says "Ageing is another fundamental factor for the development of cancer. The incidence of cancer rises dramatically with age, most likely due to a build up of risks for specific cancers that increase with age. The overall risk accumulation (toxic metabolic load of physical, biological, and/or chemical carcinogens) is combined with the tendency for cellular repair mechanisms to be less effective as a person grows older."
- A diet relatively high in red meat and animal fats, and low in fruit, vegetables and fibre, may contribute to bowel cancer. Red meat has a tendency to have a slow transit time through the digstive track. The longer this waste material stays in the large intestine, the more you increase your chances of bowel cancer. Processed foods and inorganic preservatives especially wreak havoc within the digestive system.
- Lack of exercise is also a risk factor.
- Bowel cancer is also most common in developed countries. Why? You guessed it...DIET! A diet rich in white flour products, processed convenience foods, and excess sugar.
How Do I Restore My Intestinal Health? The colon hydrotherapy sessions with water and abdominal massage break up this matter within the small and large intestines with excellent results. People attain the most success with colon hydrotherapy when done in conjunction with fluids, exercise and diet. The most successful methods of ongoing removal of waste from the walls of the stomach, small intestine, and colon are:
- Keeping a fluid intake of three quarts plus
Hydrate, dissolve, disinfect, soothe, and tonify intestinal tissue.
- Taking 30-40 grams of fiber daily
Fiber�has the capacity to extract many feet of mucus from the intestinal walls in a short period of time. Fruits are solvents in the system and acid fruits are the strongest solvents.
- Eating a high volume of fresh fruits and vegetables
Herbal and dietary products may be used to disinfect, soothe, and tonify tissue. Antiviral, anti fungal, antibacterial herbs.
- Chewing your food thoroughly
- Squatting or using the squatting stool while having a bowel movement
- Resolve the issues that are harming you in any way emotionally and mentally
- Abdominal massage upon rising in clockwise direction
Massage therapy and a regular exercise program break up hardened matter, stimulate lymph circulation, and tonify weakened abdominal tissue.
- Breathing deeply down into abdomen when having a bowel movement
Breathing,�exercise, yoga and meditation are the best ways to focus on and train ourselves to breathe. The rhythm of the breath is the basis of peristalsis, relaxation of the nervous system and regeneration of the blood. All are necessary for a healthy intestines to work.